You drive through a neighborhood and see nothing but rows of beautiful homes. You want to make sure your home is as picturesque as those around you.
One of the key ingredients to creating curb appeal and a magazine-worthy home is finding the right paint colors. Obviously, the paint and paint application quality is also vital, but the wrong colors can be detrimental. Your home could become the focal point of the neighborhood for all of the wrong reasons.
Exterior painting should be carried out by professionals; it’s not a suitable DIY job. However, that doesn’t mean they can always point you in the right direction for color choices. Put some thought into it now, so you’re ready when the time comes.
What Color Works On Your Home?
It would be great if picking paint colors were as easy as choosing your favorite hues and running with that. Of course, when was the last time you saw a home painted hot pink with lime green accents?
The truth is that favorite colors rarely translate well to paint colors, even inside your home. To make your house painting a success, follow these guidelines for picking paint colors:
- Consider the architectural style. You want colors that pair well with the style of the home.
- Know your HOA guidelines. Some Homeowners Associations are strict about paint colors. If your home is part of a historic district, you may also be locked into some color restrictions.
- Use contrast for bold looks. Maybe you can’t paint your home highlighter yellow to stand out. But you can choose stark contrasting shades between the base and trim to make your home pop.
- Avoid color fads. But if you simply must use dusty rose in your exterior, or whatever color is trending right now, keep it on accents that can be easily repainted.
- Pair the paint with other details like the roof, gutters, landscaping, and even neighboring homes. The more cohesive the final look, the happier you’ll be with the outcome.
Sign Up For The Best Local Exterior Painting With Wilstone
It may seem hard to believe that the preferred local roofing contractor is also the best resource for house painting service, but it’s true. At Wilstone Roofing, we’re committed to excellence in all that we do.
Give us a call in Middletown to schedule roofing contractor services – including exterior painting. We look forward to helping you achieve the look for your dream home that you’ve always wanted.